I will be 30 years old in the year 2014. That seems crazy…oh well, gotta do it!
Things I’d like to do by Then:
Go to grad school for….something. – (Graduated with a 4.0 from my teaching credential program, December 2012)
2. Make the “Freshly Pressed” featured blog page here on wordpress.com.
Record a CD. Recorded one in Spanish and one in English :).
4. Publish a book.
5. Go to a dinner and a movie by myself and not check my cell phone even once.
6. Go to Alcatraz.
Brew my own Kombucha. Yeah baby! Did this! Blog about it coming….
8. Read 100 books.
9. Memorize 20 songs on the guitar by heart. (So far…Sweet Home Alabama, American Pie, La Nina de Tus Ojos, Brown Eyed Girl, Take my Life, Your Love Never Fails, Abre Mis Ojos, Lead Me to the Cross, Don’t Stop Believing, The Joker, Ring of Fire, Here I Go Again on My Own, Our God, Amazing Love, Hungry, I Surrender, The Stand)
10. Go to 100 Giants games. (59 down)
12. Make a lasagna from scratch.
Log 1,500 miles walking/running/hiking on runkeeper.com. (currently at 1575!!!!!)
Go to Giants Spring Training. (DID IT!!! 2013!)
Have 100 email subscribers to this blog. (have 139 by email, 262 by twitter, 108 on Facebook!)
Make Yelp Elite!! Did it baby!!! Check out my page at rachelynnweight.yelp.com. I freaking LOVE Yelp!
Run a 5K. Did it!! Completed my first, the Pleasant Hill Firecracker Fun Run. 31 something minutes. Yay! something accomplished!
18. Visit Joshua Tree or Zion.
Visit three new countries or states. Oregon, Colorado, Florida! Going to Ireland and Spain, Summer 2013. :)
20. Learn how to knit.
Brew my own beer! Check out the experience here!
22. Take a wine-tasting course.
Run a 10k. Turkey Trot 2011! Finished in 1:05 and planning on getting that under an hour :)
Have 300 followers on Twitter. (have 266 on one account, 103 on the other! Woo woo!)
Get 100,000 hits on this blog. Yeah baby! Took 16 months. New goal – 300,000 by my 30th birthday!
Read the entire Bible. (Finished April 21, 2013!)
Meet someone famous. Met Pat Burrell!!!
28. Sing at an open mic night.
Participate in a flash mob. We had an adorable flash mob at my school, totally surprising our principal. This counts…but I’d like to step it up and do one better.
30. Visit 30 new wineries. (11 down)
New Things to Add:
Go see a San Jose Sharks Game
Go see a Raiders or 49ers Game
Write 100 reviews on Yelp this year (started at 332, on 356)
Visit 10 National or State Parks (Yosemite, Lassen, Donner so far)
Reread all the works of Jane Austen (Just read Persuasion, Northanger Abbey)