Fav moment of the day – We had what may be our last volleyball practice of the season today, and I had the girls fill out little journal surveys about what they thought of the season, their favorite parts, what they learned, etc. Here is what a few of them wrote:
When I found out I made the team, I ….”screamed and coughed, I thought this would be a great season because we had a coach who know what to do, and after I got the news, I ate cheese, and it was green! Don’t know why!?”
This year I will always remember… “When the ball hit my face when I was trying to get out of the way.”
My favorite thing about volleyball is… ” I <3 umm…hitting! Its quite fun! I also l<3ve all the girls on the team, they are all really nice and kind! They cheer me on, and when encourage me when I make a mistake!”
This year I will always remember… ” The laughs that we had and how well our team works together. More memories than ever! My 8th grade year at vball is, was, and will always be the best year of middle school.”
Second favorite moment of the day – Making a batch of cupcakes for my team and not eating any frosting or batter! Are you watching, Jesus? Are you proud? Lent is hard, but I’m going strong!
Right now I am wearing…
- workout pants
- blue sports bra
- ESPN shirt
- tennis shoes
- a concerned expression…I’m nervous about tomorrow’s game
This week I am going to…
- coach a vball game on Tuesday…if we win, we play Thursday and the tournament on Saturday. If we lose, the season is over, but I will be so proud of my girls and the awesome season we had.
- go to the science faire at my school tomorrow night…sigh.
- celebrate my roomie’s bday!!! girls night out on friday night heyoooo!!!
- not eat treats. Go Lent.
The songs I’ve listened to most recently, according to my ipod:
- *Sweetly Broken – Jeremy Riddle
- * Black and Yellow – Wiz Khalifa – I love driving to this song. It just gets me going I don’t know why!
- * Fader – Temper Trap – so good. so good.
- * Turn Me On – Kevin little – hahahaha I get so excited when this song comes on shuffle…don’t you wanna dance?
- * Particle – Better than Ezra – you will always be my favorite band.
This weekend I…
- threw an epic bridal shower with J9 for Jmo!! (vball nicknames pretty much are for life) It was really beautiful, the food was awesome, everyone had a fantastic time. My family totally saved my life and helped with everything. PTL!
- went to a meeting for my mission trip to mexico. Already counting the days until I’m back with my peeps.
- had a big family dinner friday night. its so nice to have my baby sister home.
- went to church.
- made myself not do any work. I’m going to try to keep my weekends work-free. we’ll see how that goes.
- was worried about Brian Wilson and his strained oblique.
Today I ate
- coffee and half and half.
- leftover pizza from last thursday that I froze and thawed. haha so gross! the life of a single lady.
- pita chips.
- cottage cheese.
I am most happy about:
- how much fun i have had coaching volleyball this season. I am so in love with my team. I love how good they are, how much they care about me and about each other. They make me laugh when I feel like crying sometimes. Coaching has really saved me these last few weeks.