I love me a good travel. I’ve done tours, backpacking, solo trips, road trips, chicken buses, well-planned and no plans. To date, I’ve been to 29 countries, mostly Central and South America and Europe. And I’ve been to 31 states. I’m from California, have lived in North Carolina, Washington, and Brazil, and am moving to Hong Kong in July 2017.
My last trip was Chile/Argentina/Faulkland Islands/Uruguay on an Antarctic cruise. PENGUINS!
My next trip is Idaho!
I’m by no means a professional traveler or professional blogger. My travel stories tend to run on the “check out this totally crazy thing that happened and here are the pics.” I hate when people are snobby about traveling, or post a bunch of “Date a Girl who Travels” or “You Should Totally Travel” without recognizing that most people don’t get to travel because they can’t afford it, or are married and have kids.
To be honest, I can’t afford it. Some of these stories are mission trips that people sponsored on. For Central America, I sold everything I owned to go. For Brazil, I sold my car. And I always live pretty cheaply in anticipation of traveling.
WHAT YOU WONT FIND HERE
- me describing the cute outfits i wore somewhere. i’m lucky if they’re clean.
- me figuring out cool travel hacks. my bar for success is just surviving.
- me doing a yoga pose during a sunset somewhere. beer bellies make most poses very uncomfortable.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND HERE
- that I am able to find a karaoke bar in any country ever.
- that I am able to find cookies in any country ever.
- several stories that explain why my mom often refuses to read my blog.
- a stupid amount of selfies with silly things.
- stories of friends from around the world.
- nature. nature’s my favorite.
Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see, or like to know! Until I figure out something better, the blogs are organized by country or concept: